What is massage?
Massage is a general term of pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different types of massage, few are as follows:
This is a gentle form of massage that uses kneading, long strokes, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you, and deep circular movements.
This massage technique uses more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
This is similar to Swedish massage, but it’s involved in sports activities to help prevent injuries.
Trigger point massage:
This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
Massage can be implemented to relieve certain lifestyle stress, muscle, and nerve pain to reach healthier, younger looking skin. A full body massage is effective in relieving the strain and pain in your back. Regular massage is important to stay your body acting at best levels.
Some studies have found massage may also be helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Benefits of body massage:
- Regular massage has proven to be very effective in relieving the strain, all kinds of pain, and muscle pain.
- Massage may boost post-surgery recovery and rehabilitation.
- Massage can help in boosting blood circulation, flexibility, joint quality, and muscle relaxation.
- The full body massage will decrease the headaches, sleep disturbances, and lots of distress symptoms in adults particularly migraines.
- Full body massage will increase lymph flow, it takes away the excess lymph and toxins and reducing pain and swelling, and it also facilitated necessary oxygen and nutrients by redoubled blood circulation.
- According to clinical studies, many actions of full body massage will reduce pain.
- Full body massage will reduce stress hormones like cortisol and this advantages cannot be underestimated.
- Body massage can be effective removing dead skin cells and restoring a fresh, nourished and bright skin tone.
- It helps to reduce the symptoms related to depression and anxiety.
- A full body massage is good for your heart as well. Massage increases your blood flow and delivery of oxygen to all your organs. Your entire cardiovascular system relaxes and circulation throughout your body improves.
- Your massage may ask you to take a deep breath at the start of the massage. Unrestricted breathing is one of the best ways to reduce stress. In addition to the diaphragm, there are muscles in your ribs, chest, and neck that assist breathing.
Since so much tension acquires in shoulder, chest, and neck muscles, it’s no wonder that our breathing becomes restricted when we are stressed. As you relax further into the massage and your breathing deepens and evens out, your message can work into tense muscles to reduce tightness in muscles that assist respiration.
Risks of massage:
Most people can benefit from massage but some people have risks of massage
1. Bleeding disorders or take blood-thinning medication
2. Burns or healing wounds
3. Deep vein thrombosis
4. severe osteoporosis
6. Severe thrombocytopenia